About Us


Family owned and operated since 1944, we were founded as Bullock Glass and Frame Company by Albert “Bert” Bullock and his business partner, Ken Ohlson. The business started at 260 Edison Street in downtown Salt Lake City, moving to the warehouse location on Richards Street when it was built in the 1950s. The company handled both commercial and residential glass, including auto glass replacements and glazing many new and remodeled buildings throughout the valley. 

Picture framing proved a successful addition to the business, as Bullock’s was one of few area picture framers for decades. A second frame store location was added at Ivy Place Shopping Village in Murray, next to Eldridge’s.

Bert’s daughter, Allene Smith, has owned and run Bullock Frame Co.  at 1134 Richards Street since 1988. Read “Bullock Frame celebrates its 60th year,” Deseret News, August 2004.

Bullock Glass & Frame truck
Bullock children and friends pile into one of the original company glass trucks. The door reads “BULLOCK GLASS & FRAME 260 EDISON ST DIAL 5 03 43”